Tips and fun stuff to get around
As a starter – let’s get serious (before we will get less-serious) and list some basic information about Finland…
Finland is a small country and it has a small population praising the idea of Finnish Sisu (persistence).
Finnish language is a part of the Finno-Ugric languages…and it is very different from other Scandinavian languages.
Someone might even say that it is difficult to learn… ? Well, you have a chance to prove it wrong!
- Declaration of Independence 6th of December 1917 (a part of Sweden from the Middle Ages until 1809, a part of the Russian Empire 1809-1917)
- Joined EU 1st of January 1995
- Finland covers an area of 130,678 sq mi
- Official languages: Finnish and Swedish
- based on statistics, at least 70% of Finnish people can speak English
- the land cover is primarily a boreal forest biome (75%), with more than 180,000 recorded lakes (!)
- Finland has world’s biggest archipelago and Europe’s largest lake district
- Population ~5,6 million 2022
- date format: dd.mm.yyyy
- driving side: right
- calling code: +358
- ISO 3166 code: FI
Let’s eat! Syödään!
How’s the weather in Finland?
Fly over Helsinki
Helsinki - Let’s goooooo!
Be there or be at Senate Square!